New Update: The Maharashtra Government has abolished Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Act, 1948 and new Act ,Maharashtra Shops & Establishment (Regulation of Employment & condition of service ) Act, 2017 has been came into force. All establishments are required to be registered under this Act. Hence renewal has been stopped. You have to register under this Act. If you have 10 and more employees, you have to submit on line A form along with necessary documents and if you have 0 to 9 employees, you have to submit on line F form along with necessary documents. Registration certificate / Intimation Receipt will be sent on your e-mail. There is no fees to be paid for Registration under this Act.
If you are looking to register your new shop or business, you will have to obtain the certificate for Municipal Corporation. This certificate also known as “Gumasta License” under Shop and Establishments Act. The procedure is being made easy and convenient through online portal.
Steps to be followed for registration of shop and establishment:
- For registration procedure visit the Mumicipal Corporation of Mumbai website – http://www.mcgm.gov.in
- Duly fill and submit the form under Shops and Establishment section. (Everything is self
- A challan number will be generated.
- Pay the required fee after which the UTN number is generated and print the form.
- The printed form with all the required documents submit it to the Shop License Dept. of you local BMC ward. (click here to find your ward location)
After submitting the form at your ward, Officer of concerned department may visit the place where shop and establishment located (if required).
The officer will provide the Shop license after all the verification process is over.
Note: Application for registration has to be submitted to the Area Inspector within 30 days of starting the business.
Documents required to obtain a Gumasta License
- Aadhar card/ Pan Card/ photo
- Address proof (like Electricity bill)
- Application Letter in the prescribed format
- Authority letter for business
- Proof of ownership of Property
- Partnership Deed
- Partnership Firm’s Pan
- Partner’s ID proof – Address and Identity
- Prescribed Fees for a partnership Firm
- Memorandum and Article Of association
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Company Director’s ID proof – Address and Identity
Following are the types of forms to be filled online:
- For new registration – Form A
- For license renewal – Form B
- Application for Notice of Change in Shops & Establishment (Form I) (10 and above Employees)
- Intimation Application for 0 to 9 Employees – Form F
- Application for Cancellation of Shops & Establishment (Form J) (10 and above Employees)
- Application for Cancellation of Shops & Establishment (0 to 9 Employees) (Form K)
Advantages of having Gumasta License:
- It’s a proof of having your own business and a identity for all further legal procedures.
- You qualified for all the benefits along with tax subsidies from the BMC and Maharashtra State
- Government available for this scheme.
- Gumasta license is mandatory for opening current account with any bank.edure online.