Mumbai have a fabuloous history with development of local train services with growing population. This is the city honoured for having first train services in Asia.
- 16th April – First Train From Mumbai To Thane1952 rain on 16th April 1853
- 12th April 1867 – First Local Train Service of Western Railway
Western Railways’ 1st EMU debuted on 3rd January 1928 between Mahalakshmi & Borivli stn & had 3 coaches. Subsequent trains started from Colaba.
Below are some of the photos of Local Trains in Mumbai:
Old Local Trains of Mumbai
1. Six coach rake
2. Rail Bus 1910s
3. Passengers Mumbai Central
4. EMU Train
5. Bullock Cart Train
6. 3 Coach rake
8. 8 Coach rake at Vasai Creek
9. Passengers Mumbai Central
10. First Electric Train at Sandhurst Road