Migration Museum is an event focussing on Migration in contemporary India through conversations, films and art. It is an exploration of identity and how our histories are not just concerned with time but also the geographies we’ve shaped and inhabited.
- Entry: FREE
- Date: 08th June 2019
- Time: 10:30 am onwards
- Venue: India Culture Lab, Godrej One, Pirojshanagar, Vikhroli, Mumbai – 400079,
‘Migration Museum’ is a day-long event organised by the Godrej India Culture Lab Leadership Programme is in its second edition, and Migration Museum will be the newest batch’s graduation event.
The programme details:
- The screening of the film “Ghutan” by students of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences and others.
- Professor Chinmay Tumbe will be conducting a master class that will trace and historicise India’s migratory patterns.
- There will be expert panel discussions comprising of Dr. S. Irudaya Rajan, a Professor at the Center for Development Studies (CDS), Thiruvananthapuram, Vrishali Pispati, Director, Mumbai Mobile Creches (MMC), an NPO that works to provide migrant children on construction sites a safe, healthy and happy childhood and more expert speakers.
- Performance by poet Shalim Hussain. A research scholar from Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Reena Kallat will be showcasing her installations as book cover prints where she had created a woven map by tracing the routes of contract workers and other migrants.
- Sanjay Austa will have on display his series on the Siddi Goma community, the famous African descent population of Gujarat.
- And more………………….
The event is FREE and open to all.