A Christmas gift for Mumbaikars on 25th December 2017.The much awaited AC Local train in Mumbai was launched with lot of curiosity and enthusiasm.
The AC train was flagged from Borivali station at 10:30 am towards Churchgate. The AC trains are scheduled for 3 up and 3 down services between Churchgate and Borivali till 31st December 2017.
- 65 trial runs of the train before starting its services.
- Fares: Base fare for single journey is 1.3 times base fare for first class. For first 6 months is 1.2 times the first class fare.
- Eligibility: Person with Ticket or pass holder is eligible to travel by first class and ordinary local.
- Cost of Train: Built in Chennai at a cost of Rs. 54 crore, the 12-car rake of the AC local arrived here on April 4, 2016.
- Total no. of trains: Total 12 Train Run scheduled. 8 on Churchgate-Virar fast track, 3 on Churchgate-Borivali fast track, 1 Mahalaksmi-Borivali slow track.
- Till 31st December 2017, train will run between Churchgate & Borivali. From 1st January 2018 between Churchgate-Virar
- Station Halts For Churchgate-Virar route: the station halts are Mumbai Central, Dadar, Bandra, Andheri, Borivali, Bhayandar, Vasai.
- 36 personnel on AC train for safety – In every coach there are 3 officials. That is, a ticket checker, two RPF person (for general security and to prevent theft of property) and a technical person (to ensure there is no problem with air-conditioning or other equipment). So for 12 coach, there will be a total of 36 railway-personnel (excluding motorman and guard) to check against ticketless travel and to ensure acomfortable, hassle-free ride.
- LED based coach identification system – For alarm chain pulling and door malfunction.
- Automatic Door Closure – To prevent passengers from falling off during rush hour.
- Emergency Evacuation – Emergency ladders provided with signage in each coach.
- Vestibules – This is a safety feature allowing escape from a coach in a emergency.
|Mumbai Central||Rs 60||Rs 285||Rs 430||Rs 570|
|Dadar||Rs 85||Rs 445||Rs 630||Rs 820|
|Bandra||Rs 85||Rs 445||Rs 630||Rs 820|
|Andheri||Rs 125||Rs 655||Rs 945||Rs 1240|
|Borivali||Rs 165||Rs 855||Rs 1245||Rs 1640|
|Bhayander||Rs 175||Rs 905||Rs 1325||Rs 1745|
|Vasai||Rs 195||Rs 1035||Rs 1505||Rs 1975|
|Virar||Rs 205||Rs 1070||Rs 1555||Rs 2040|
Below is the time table till 31st December 2017:
|From Churchgate Station:||09:30 am||11:15 am||01:16 pm|
|From Borivali Station||09:30 am||11:15 am||13:16 pm|
Below is the time table from 1st January 2018: