Download required forms from following link and visit your nearest centre. Below are the quick links:
Eligibility criteria to enrol as Voter:
Every person who –
- Is not less than 18 years of age on the qualifying date and
- Is an ordinary resident in the Constituency and
- Is an Indian Citizen
List of Various Forms for various purposes:
- Application for the inclusion of name in Electoral Roll = Form 6
- Application for making any correction in the details(particulars) entered in electoral roll= Form 8
- Application for the inclusion of name in Electoral Roll by any overseas elector = 6A
- Application for the objecting inclusion or deletion of name in Electoral Roll = Form 7
- Application for transposition of entry in Electoral Roll = Form 8A
- Claim for inclusion of name in the electoral roll for a Graduates’ Constituency = form 18 Marathi or Form 18 English
- Claim for inclusion of name in the electoral roll for a Teachers’ Constituency = form 19 Marathi or form 19 English
Documents that you need to carry while going for the registration:
- Ration Card / Electricity Bill / Light Bill (for Address proof)
- Birth Certificate / School or College Leaving Certificate (Age Proof)
- Voter’s Card of Parents (Mother & Father) – it helps the officials to identify the constituencies / ward you belong to and accelerates the process.
Pls note that you need to take all the original documents along with the one Xerox copy of the same. Official present there will verify the original with Xerox. He will return original documents to you and will keep Xerox copy.
Voter’s Help Centres (VHC):
For assistance you can contact VHC and there you can enrol yourself as voter, can make any changes (change in the address, change in the name) in existing voting ID etc. Download the list of the VHC for Mumbai & suburbans.