Taraporewala Aquarium is India’s oldest aquarium which was built in 1951. It is named after a Parsee Philanthropist D B Taraporewala who donated 200,000. The Aquarium was inaugurated by the respected Rajendra Prasad, India’s first president.
The aquarium is located very near to Charni Road railway station facing sea. It contains 400 species which has been renovated recently on 3rd March 2015. The new aquarium has 360 degree glass tunnel made up of acrylic and it is 12 feet long.
There are fantastic varieties of very tiny fish to the large turtle which can be a treat for eyes specially for children.