The Siddhivinayak Temple the most famous landmark of Mumbai. The temple was built on on 19 November 1801. It was made by the contractor Shri Laxman Vithu and it was funded by Agri women Deubai Patil. Everyday more than 20,000 devotees visit the temple.
Tuesday is considered to be a special day for Lord Ganesh devotees. The entry is free but there is also a paid entry with a special pass for direct entry into the temple.
Inside the Temple:
– The idol of Lord Ganesh is sculpted from a single black stone, which is about 2 feet tall.
– The trunk of the Ganesh idol is tilted towards its right and the figure is represented with 4 hands.
– The wooden doors to the sanctum are carved with images of the Ashtavinayak (the eight manifestations of Ganesha in Maharashtra).
– The inner roof of the sanctum is plated with gold, and the central statue is of Ganesha.
– On both sides of the idol, figures of ‘Goddess Riddhi’ and ‘Goddess Siddhi’ are mounted.
Live Online Darshan:
One can have a direct access to watch the Siddhivinayak Ganesh darshan live at: http://www.siddhivinayak.org/virtual_darshan.asp
Pooja booking office timings: Daily between 06.00 am to 09.00 pm at Gate no. 3 booking counter.
How To Reach:
Local Trains – Dadar is the nearest station for the temple.
BEST Bus nos. – 83, 84, AS-4, AS-3, AS-9, 27, 28, 33, 37, 39, 53, 81 ltd, 85, 86, 87 ltd, 92 ltd, 93 ltd, 165, 169, 324, 351, 385, 521 ltd.
Address and Contact:
Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Temple Trust
S. K. Bole Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India – 400 028
Phone No.: 91-022-24223206, 24222072
Fax No. 91-022-24221558