The Nehru Centre building provides cosmic information to the astronomers, space aspirants and children in Mumbai. Various discussions and lectures based on astronomy are held here including cosmological events like science quiz contest, Astro painting, Astro poetry and science elocution for students inspired by science. Nehru Centre idea was conceived in 1972,
The center includes both the concert and the movie auditorium.
Attractions of Science Centre:
1) You can calculate your weight in each of the nine planets of the solar system at the museum. Able to have a closer view of the solar system.
2) In the Science Complex you will find a 14-minute exhibit which is known as the ‘Discovery of India’, which covers the diverse elements of the artistic, philosophical and academic journey of India through the ages through architectural and artistic works, photographs and audio visuals.
3) The Museum also displays tramcar, railway engine, steam lorry and a supersonic jet.
4) Nehru centre also hosts international fairs and local exhibitions.
5) Nehru Auditorium at the basement of planetarium can hold 1000 people conduct various events such as classical music, dance recitals, plays and concerts and boasts of amazing acoustic effects
6) The museum provides visitors an opportunity to watch, study and photograph the eclipses.
7) Organise other major events such as meteoroid showers.
Attraction of Planetarium:
1) Visitors can watch through the telescopes installed outside the planetarium.
2) Planetarium also uses Digistar-3 Planetarium Equipment-the technology which enhancesthe space experience for visitors.
3) One can watch regular movies related to space.
4) Nehru Planetarium runs a theatre program called ‘Awesome Universe’ in which they exhibit a 45-minute presentation about Cosmic Journey and Heavenly Wonders.
5) Planetarium unfolds the secrets of the unknown mysteries of the universe.
The show is in English, Hindi and tickets can be booked online.
How To Reach:
A1, A2, A4, 28, 33, 37, 39, 57, 80, 81, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89,91, 92, 93, 125, 151, 153, 154, 166, 385, 302, 357 & 521
Nehru Centre Dr. Annie Besant Road, Worli, Mumbai – 400018. India.
Phone : 91 22 2496 4676 – 80
Fax: 91 22 2497 3827
website – http://nehruplanetarium.org/