- – In March 2012, 13-year-old Vicky Valmiki died in hospital due ot colour poisoning.
- – In Mumbai at least 200 people including several children were hospitalized during Holi in 2015
- – So do similar incidences are expected on 13th March 2017?
Increase in usage of industrial chemicals in holi colours have added risk to our life. There is a severe health concerns raised during recent years due to use of hazardous colours during Holy festival. Most people are also unaware of the components used to make these colors.
It is increasingly become very important to create awareness of chemicals being used in the colours.
|Black||Lead Oxide||Renal Failure*|
|Green||Copper Sulphate||Eye allergy, pufiness & temporary blindness|
|Red||Mercury Sulphate||Skin cancer|
- – Check the smell of the colours whether made using engine oil or other chemicals.
- – Read the instructions on the colour packet carefully. Avoid the colours which are specified for industrial use.
- – Avoid colours if you notice glass powder.
- – Buy Eco friendly colours.
- – Make natural Holi colours at home.