Hazards of Holi Coloured Powder
This Holi go for 100% Natural colours made from Turmeric, Kumkum, Beatroot, Indigo leaves & Flowers. Order for your society or your home....Contact us
- In March 2012, 13-year-old Vicky Valmiki died in hospital due ot colour poisoning.
- At least 200 people including several children who were as young as 9 or 10 were hospitalized following Holi.
- Similar incidences are expected in 2013 Holi festival.
Increase in usage of industrial chemicals in holi colours have added risk to our life. There is a severe health concerns raised during recent years due to use of hazardous colours during Holy festival. Most people are also unaware of the components used to make these colors.
It is increasingly become very important to create awareness of chemicals being used in the colours.
|Black||Lead Oxide||Renal Failure*|
|Green||Copper Sulphate||Eye allergy, pufiness & temporary blindness|
|Red||Mercury Sulphate||Skin cancer|
- Check the smell of the colours whether made using engine oil or other chemicals.
- Read the instructions on the color packet carefully. Avoid the colours which are specified for industrial use.
- Avoid colours if you notice glass powder.
- Buy Eco friendly colours.
- Make natural Holi colours at home.
This Holi go for 100% Natural colours made from Turmeric, Kumkum, Beatroot, Indigo leaves & Flowers. They are absolutely safe, healthy & edible! Order for your society or your home....Contact us